Parental Controls
nycsheart
Enthusiast - Level 3

When Verizon first introduced Parental Controls, I thought they had jumped into my mind.

As a parent of a teenager, this is the best feature in the world. I have been using the restriction feature for months now and love it. The only complaint I have about it is that when you set the times for restrictions for texts and phone calls, it restricts everyone from contacting that number. The only people that can reach my stepdaughter are her father and I because we are on the same account. What would be great is if the restrictions could be set to block certain people or is set to allow certain people.

99% of the time, I restrict my stepdaughters use as a punishment from friends. Unfortunately when you set the restriction times, everyone is blocked, including family. If somehow Verizon can tweak this feature so that groups can be created (family, friends, etc.) so that while friends can't contact her, family can, that would be even better.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Parental Controls
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree totally.  Being able to choose which numbers are still allowed when most are restricted would be a definite benefit.  Allowing those on the family plan and possible 3-5 others (grandparents, neighbors, emergency contacts, that wouldn't be on the family's account) would make total sense.  I'm not sure it will happen, but spam controls allow you to block specific numbers, it seems that restricting calls/texts to all numbers and allowing a few specific ones should be doable as well.

0 Likes
LisaAA
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is now possible to add other numbers to allowed list and they do not have to be on same account. I even added Grandma's landline to allowed list. Usage controls recently changed the allowed list to include non account numbers to be added.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

LisaAA is right - I just copied this from the Parental Controls on Verizon's website:

Set Trusted Numbers

Trusted Numbers are phone numbers on your wireless account that can always reach your child, regardless of other Usage Control restrictions (such as Time Restrictions) you set. Trusted Numbers is another way to help you manage your child's wireless service.

• Feel safe knowing that you or any numbers you designate can always reach your child
  • Add up to 20 numbers to your Trusted Numbers list for each account member enrolled in Usage Controls

This should improve the way Usage Controls / Parental Controls works!

0 Likes