Re: Mobile Web Feature - What does it get me?
shadar

While I appreciate that the coverage area and reliability has won you over, I do not feel that a company should get a pass on having very poor customer service / pricing plans.  I too like Verizon's coverage, I've tended to have better reception than my friends everywhere I've been.  This only makes it more frustrating for me that the pricing and plans are so confusing and poorly devised.  A more consumer friendly pricing system by Verizon would likely put several of their competitors out of business, as their coverage is definitely the best in my experience.  

I do thank the previous poster though for his explanation of the "Mobile Web" add-on for $5.  Very interesting that in old plans it uses my minutes and in new plans it would be data-oriented instead.  I will have to debate what to do now.  I don't suppose using the mobile web during off-peak hours counts as off-peak and thus doesn't count against my minutes?  I imagine a minute of mobile web is a minute off my total no matter when it is?

I suppose I will have to give the mobile web a go and use it sparingly for a month to see exactly how it is billed, then make a decision from there.

I am curious though, does anyone have much experience using mobile web on the newer plans?  How much data is actually used up to go to a movie theaters website for example to check movie times... or to check the weather... or other such simple tasks.  How about for email?  Any first hand knowledge on this from other posters would be very helpful in making up my mind how to proceed.

0 Likes