Issues with poor coverage
Hosschick
Enthusiast - Level 2

<Branched to a new discussion for more exposure due to the age of the original location.>

I am having some of the same issues.

I was told to purchase a booster from the Verizon store.

Thankfully I decided against that... and with only 6 mo left in 2 yr contract... thought I could get through it.

I CANNOT,.... and shouldnt have to at $100 month for ONE phone... Iphone... my lifeline.

Though not in suburbs... Im not that rural either.... I should have coverage... and was told even to purchase another phone, that the Iphone didnt have a good (antenna) device. Well I almost did, but was sure that it wouldnt fix the coverage issue... as I would have had to pay $35 when I returned the trial phone. See.... they always try to get you to upgrade or sign on for something else... to keep you locked in.

Well I finally had it and talked with a Aaron, and he was honest. Pulled a previous tixx in my area showing marginal coverage which would get me out of this contract. I had to have a tixx for this address to confirm it is still marginal in my area to get me out of my contract... I should have done this at the beginning... but now with only 2 months left... I still want out.

Someone else suggested Straight Talk. I get the no contract but the point is its still a Verizon network. Aaron confirmed yes S.T. does use Verizon towers but also others ... so it is a good chance it would be even better than my Verizon coverage. Well I thought that Verizon Towers, AT&T Towers.... T Mobile.... were all in it together... and rent from one another if they dont have coverage in an area....

I wonder if we are all just sheep to the slaughter and misinformed based on second hand information....

I hope to get out of this contract and never look back. No contracts for me. If Im going to have crappy service... I would rather not pay $100 month for it... $30 or $40 makes more sense!

Sincerely Over It

Brenda

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes