Too Big to Care... Don't change your phone online
phony-smartphone

Verizon Wireless, Too Big to Care...

One of your associates said "We appreciate all of our customers, both new and seasoned". But I do not believe that to be true. I have been a customer for over 10 years or more. I pay thousands of dollars a year for service. I made the mistake of changing my daughter's phone online and you removed the existing plan. No upgrade just changing the phone because I believe she was being pursued by a pedophile. I have a rare form of cancer that causes me constant pain but I live with it even though at times it's difficult to read your T&C's especially when under stress but I trusted that Verizon would fix any mistakes I might make. When I discovered the problem with the plan I called in and was told that because more than 14 days had past I was too late. This is nothing more than an underhanded way of getting customers on older plans off so you can squeeze a little more profit out of them. I have put up with crappy service and obnoxious support people in the past. Not always and certainly not the norm but when it comes to money no exceptions can be made. My loyalty as a customer and the money I have paid mean nothing. My advise to everyone is avoid Verizon Wireless. The poor treatment to those of us "seasoned" customers is not worth the enhanced network.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Too Big to Care... Don't change your phone online
Not applicable

Please. You admit YOU made the error( which I applaud because most people that come here to complain won't admit their own mistakes )however like the rest you still blame Verizon fora problem YOU created. You had 14 days to fix this error you didn't do so. Why take more than 14 days?

0 Likes
Not applicable

phony-smartphone wrote:

I trusted that Verizon would fix any mistakes I might make.

In other words customers should expect Verizon to save them from themselves? How does Verizon even know you made a mistake until you tell them?

As far as getting customers off older plans. Guess what eventually yes everyone will have to be on Share Everything anyway. And sorry many of us are on old plans are have not been "tricked" by Verizon. And if Verizon wanted everyone off old plans they don't need to trick anyone, they can just make it policy.

0 Likes
phony-smartphone

Yes I made the mistake. I did not discover it until later. 2 different Verizon associates told me on the phone that this was an obvious mistake and would be fixed. They agreed with me that the problem was an over-sight and given my concern could understand the issue. It was someone higher up that said too bad we want everyone to drop their old plans for the new ones.

Obviously you do not have children and do not have to worry about traveling to make a living while sick and trying to protect your children at the same time. Customer Service is all about understanding a customer's problems and trying to find ways to help. Other companies make exceptions EVERY DAY for their customers because they care. Years ago when my wife wound up in the hospital while I was away Delta Air understood my situation and regardless of the fact that I was not due to return home for more than a week they got me on a flight that day with no additional charges. They take care of their customers.

0 Likes
phony-smartphone

Excuse me but I DID TELL VERIZON and as I mentioned in my previous response TWO different Customer Service Associates agreed with me and tried to fix the problem. They understood what happened and I even was able to document the situation and provide them with all the information they needed to know what had happened.

Yes I EXPECTED VERIZON to fix the MISTAKE because WHEN YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS YOU DO WHAT EVER YOU CAN TO HELP.

I pay over $2500 dollars a year for personal phones and had advised a company to spend much more than that a month on corporate plans.

<< Comments edited.  Please refrain from personal attacks.>>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

phony-smartphone wrote:

Obviously you do not have children

Actually I have a 17 year old son I've been raising as a single dad for the last 14 years.

0 Likes
phony-smartphone

I have been  a customer for more than 10 years. I spoke with agents who assured me I could make all my changes via the web site with no change in the plan. I spoke with 2 other agents who agreed that a mistake was made on both parts. Why did I not act before 14 days? Because I did not know I needed to act! I was told everything would be fine. I did what THEY told me to do. I am too busy to review my plans on a daily basis to make sure no changes have occurred.

0 Likes
phony-smartphone

So who changed my screen name to "phony-smartphone". Do you think that is funny? Perhaps I should spread the news that when a customer writes up negative comments Verizon employees think it's funny to change the screen name. Very funny. Thanks for showing me what you truly think of your customers.

0 Likes