Multiple Upgrades on Family Plan
Manifest95
Enthusiast - Level 1

As we approach the holiday season, I'm looking to upgrade my wife's as well as my own phones. We are on a family plan together so I was wondering if it is even possible to upgrade her iPhone and my Windows phone together to the newest versions. I know during the holidays they run specials that are really cheap, but require a 2 year plan. Will we have to pay full price on one, or maybe even both if our current contract is not close to expiration, even though we buy the phones from a third party?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Multiple Upgrades on Family Plan
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to look at the upgrade eligibility for each line (they may be different).  Call #UPG on each handset to see when each line becomes eligible for a discounted upgrade.

If you buy your phone through an authorized reseller, premium retailer, or Verizon directly, you will need to be eligible to get the discounted price on a new phone, and you will extend your contract for 2 years.  If you purchase from a third party unaffiliated with Verizon (private sale, eBay, etc) there is no contract and your eligibility is not affected.  If you are currently NOT eligible then this may be the only way to get new or upgraded phones for less than full retail price.

0 Likes
Re: Multiple Upgrades on Family Plan
Manifest95
Enthusiast - Level 1

Excellent, thanks! I didn't even know we both had our own eligibility for upgrades since we combined our plans last year when switching to smartphones. I did have premium retailers in mind, so I'll check our status. Thank you for the helpful response!