NO Service?
Bullit

Whats up with no service in western Wisconsin?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: NO Service?
JS100

It would be nice to call to find out, but I had no service in Wisconsin since 5:30 this morning. I cannot receive or make a call.  However voicemails are coming through and texts are going in and out (very slowly).

0 Likes
imakepeoplesmile

We have three Verizon phones in our home and use at work and all three had one bar in Western Wisconsin today. Calls failed and even tried updating roaming capability.  Verizon said before they investigate they have to have more people call in, but kind of ironic when you can't make calls

0 Likes
mpos0223

We still do not have service in Western Wisconsin.  This is not acceptable.  I have never heard of something like this before, and no one knows anything.  It's also extremely hard to find where to document anything.  If Verizon is having a problem, they should post something on their website.  Visited their outages page, and there is NOTHING helpful.  We will be calling in.  No service since 5:30 this morning.

0 Likes
swallman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am located in the Menomonie, WI area and called a local Verizon store today and they indicated an outage on 3 towers.

0 Likes
macboy80

Hi Bullit, "80 percent of network node failures in the core are caused by human change control errors."  Diameter Routing Agents can be used to help manage traffic issues and address costly programming errors but it may be outside the direct control of users. http://www.tekcomms.com/success-stories/diameter-monitoring-because-outage-can-be-very-expensive discusses some of these concerns and potential solutions. But it may be that Verizon has to use this sort of service package for us to see the benefits and keep the network functioning.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Just looked to see if there were any storms in the Area and don't see any!  how Long have you been with out Service? is any of your Neighbors out with service as well.?  you might check..

0 Likes