home phone connect
daisy4782

I am considering home phone connect.  Will my home phones show caller id, the same as my cell phones?  Will my contact list on my Droid which comes from gmail be available on the home phone contact list?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: home phone connect
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi daisy4782,  I am delighted to hear that you are interested in Home Phone Connect!  It has been very beneficial for our customers looking to reduce their landline communication costs!  I can confirm that the Caller ID will display as the number only.  The Contact list will be dependant on the type of phone that you hook up to the Home Phone Connect device and would be unable to sync with your Gmail contacts.  Here is a great link to lean more about the service! http://www.vzw.com/homephoneconnect
I would be more than happy to answer any additional question you may have about our wireless services!

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
neavor4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Before considering Home Phone Connect you need to understand that the representatives selling it do not know the limitations of the device.  I'm stuck with a one year contract now because they didn't inform me of the limitations.

While VOIP phone service and standard land-line accounts will function with your printer/copier/fax machine...Home Phone Connect will not.  If they failed to tell you that before you made the switch...sorry, you can send and receive faxes again in a year when your contract is up.  Or you can pay $169 to end the contract.  The person I just talked to had to look it up, and he did find that it will not function with incoming and outgoing faxes.  So don't think of it as a replacement for your landline...think of it at a cellphone that you plug your home phones into.

Thanks Verizon!  Not like I spend $250 a month on service from you.  Thanks for having a loyal customer's back.

rcschnoor
Legend

However, by just going to the info page for the Home Phone Connect, you WILL find this information.

"NOTE: Home Phone Connect is not compatible with home security systems, fax machines, DVR services, credit card machines, or medical alert services (e.g. Life Alert). HSI/DSL may or may not be available; please contact your service provider to determine if this product is available as a standalone offering."

This was ALSO posted next to the Home Phone Connect when I purchased one.

0 Likes
neavor4
Enthusiast - Level 2

And that information was clearly present on the advertising card they had sent out at the time when I signed on. 

Yes, it's very helpfiul to read that on the site now that I already have the service and know it doesn't work.  It would have been great to have that information beforehand.

0 Likes
neavor4
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's also still listed on the site in Terms and Conditions link...not in Product FAQ, or main page of features of device.  You have to go into the Terms and Conditions to find the new Very Important Information about the service including the 911 information.

On the actual online purchase page they now have this below in bold red, and it wasn't there before....and I purchased over the telephone anyway...so I was going of a card describing it, the website information page on it and the information from the person on the phone.  I don't usually add services online, I like to talk to a human.  My guess is they had an issue with someone's medical alert service and now added the red warning below:

Device Incompatibilities

NOTE: Home Phone Connect is not compatible with home security systems, fax machines, DVR services, credit card machines, or medical alert services (e.g. Life Alert). HSI/DSL may or may not be available; please contact your service provider to determine if this product is available as a standalone offering.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

All I can say is the information was clearly listed when I purchased the device around April of 2011. I have since stopped using the device, though, as I dropped it when I switched to the Share Everything plan.

I didn't think the device was worth $20/month which Verizon is charging in order to add it to my Share Everything plan when I was paying $10/month on my Family Share Talk & Text 1400 minute plan. Instead I added a 2nd line to my Verizon Fios service at $10/month.

MTNest
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went in to purchase a car charger for my phone and was somehow talked into buying a home phone connect device. I'm not usually an easy sale but was promised the only problem that could possibly occur was that I would no longer be able to use my fax. What the salesperson did NOT know was that I could also lose my internet connection. It's been almost two weeks now and it just came back today after I returned the devise and reversed all the porting, etc. back to my original phone company. I run a business and two weeks without the internet has been a huge hardship. It's frustrating that the salespeople are uninformed. Read all the fine print and ask lots of questions before accepting their offers that sound too good to be true. I feel like a sucker and hope to save someone else from the frustration.

0 Likes