Re: Difference between "Unlimited Data Usage" and "Email and Web for Smartphone"
mbearden

This was very helpful information the poster added above: "The $29.99 Email & Web is for personal email access only. The $44.99 plan is for access for corporate email, example; ActiveSync Exchange, Lotus severs, Domino servers..etc etc."  (Note: If the poster of that message has any solid claim to know what he/she is talking about, could he/she identify that?  Is the poster a Verizon employee?  How else to know this "secret" information, and is the information reliable?)

It's a shame I couldn't find this kind of info on the Verizon site.  I went through the checkout cart (without finalizing) for adding a Motorola Droid to my account, and when I clicked on the explanatory link for "Unlimited Data Usage", I get a page that doesn't say anything like what you said above.   It merely says "Synchronize your mobile PDA or Smartphone to your PC...providing over-the-air synchronization of e-mail, contacts, calendar, and tasks."   Then it lists CDMA roaming charges.

The "Email & Web..." link was a little more helpful.  It says "Access up to ten POP3 and IMAP email accounts, including...[list that DOES NOT INCLUDE GOOGLE MAIL].   So I wonder if there is any sort of native integration on this Google OS phone with Google Mail?  Or do I have to acess Google Mail from the Google phone as if I'm a generic POP3 client?

This is gonna take a long time, and probably several trips by the Verizon store to ask questions before I feel any confidence I know what I'd be getting into.  (Too bad for Verizon; if it's what I want, I'm eager to purchase.)

0 Likes