Re: FCC-13-21xx - New Signal Booster Regulations
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

What strikes me as key is that this new regulation does not impact the home/personal use 802.11 WiFi spectrum.  It only applies to cell phone boosters that work with spectrum owned by the wireless service providers. I do not get the impression that boosters will be taken away or locked down for special use only, quite the opposite.  This new FCC regulation ensures that all boosters are built and designed to certain standards to ensure equal play among all parties.

FCC-13-21A2:

Carriers serving the vast majority of American consumers have consented to allowing signal boosters on their networks if those boosters met the new technical standards.

FCC-13-21A3:

...this order which, among other things, sets forth rules for the authorized operation of consumer signal boosters and requires that consumer and industrial boosters are clearly labeled. ...I would like to acknowledge and thank the wireless industry and signal booster manufacturers for coming together with a joint proposal for technical standards that will result in affordable and reliable consumer signal boosters that are unlikely to cause interference. ...The largest wireless providers, however, have indicated that they will consent to the use of FCC-certified signal boosters meeting the new technical standard on their networks