Re: Verizon Charging You More, As Bandwidth Costs Them Less.
TexasRebel
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am a HomeFusion user and it's the ONLY product I use from Verizon because it's the fastest technology in my area. If all you use is 300MB on your phone in a month then bravo to you. Apparently you never travel outside an area that can't be serviced by cable or dsl, so cellular data usage is really of no concern to you.

I read your link.. if 4G was brought down to it's knees during CES, that's because they didn't design/build it well enough for the expected/actual usage. That would be like using a single DS3 connection to your cable headend office that services thousands of households and then wondering why you're only getting dialup speeds on your 30Mbps cable connection.

I bet they didn't have 10Gbps fiber connections to all the towers in the area during CES and they felt no need to spend the millions to do the upgrade for an event that lasted only several days.. If they had then 4G/LTE bandwidth wouldn't have probably been so saturated. They built out 4G/LTE for the indigenous population and not the extra 150,000 that showed up for the CES event. 

On a side note.. I used to work for Verizon in Irving, TX from 2000 - 2007 as a Systems Admin. I still work as an IT Professional. I know plenty about bandwidth requirements for networks. It doesn't matter if it's running over a cable or wirelessly, it's all the same with data being modulated with a spectrum of frequencies to move them from point A to point B. Fiber/Cable just allows it to go further without too much degradation of signal.

0 Likes