How much longer will I be ignored/unhappy with my phone service??
monicashoemaker

I have been a Verizon customer for 12 years and have been tricked into staying with them once again, lied to, misled, and nobody will do a thing about it. I didn't want to resign a 2 year contract but the plan that was shown to me had the best coverage and the best price, so I was dumb and believed them. My bill is now $40 more than before and they charged me $30 just to upgrade my phone (on top of the upgrade price for the phone and paying TWO different plans in one month). I am happy with the phone, but so disappointed and let down by what I believe is the most profitable and lucrative company in the world. They no longer value themselves as honest, honorable, or putting their customers first. I am so let down and feel so ignored after calling multiple times to ask questions and find out what I can do about my bill and lowering my costs. The only thing anyone has offered so far is for me to pay more for getting so little added to my account. It's all bull shit and I wouldn't be upset if this company crashed and burned. They stand for nothing but deceit and sticking their hands in our pockets.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How much longer will I be ignored/unhappy with my phone service??
monicashoemaker

The associate that helped me in deciding on the new phone and service informed me on what I was getting and even calculated my new bill, with tax, while I was in the store. My first bill came fifteen days later (conveniently a day after I could have made changes to the new account) I was shocked to find all the extra things that were now on my plan that were not explained to me. It's been nothing but frustrating this last year with Verizon and all I want is someone that would be willing to work with me on it. Soooo yes, I feel tricked. And misled, his information misinformed me with what I was supposed to be getting.

0 Likes
tgreenwood
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sad to hear that. You can always cancel your contract, or mention that you are going with another carrier.

Unfortunately, the business model that carriers have used since I've had a cell phone ends up making it so that new customers get a better deal than existing customers. No rewards for paying your bill on time for 12 years and being a loyal customer. But if you go with another carrier, you will probably get a free or very cheap smart phone, which might just make up for the cancellation fee for getting out of your VZW contract.

You can probably keep the same number, too!

0 Likes
MSWTAZ94

I agree.  I have been with them for at least 15 years.  They switched the terms of my contract when I had to change out a defective iPhone.  I just noticed the change and they won't restore my original terms.  I'm done at contract renewal time.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

MSWTAZ94 wrote:

I agree.  I have been with them for at least 15 years.  They switched the terms of my contract when I had to change out a defective iPhone.  I just noticed the change and they won't restore my original terms.  I'm done at contract renewal time.

What did they change

0 Likes
MSWTAZ94

I bought an iPhone and it quit working so I took it to a store for help.  They couldn't fix it and said they would have to order me a new one.  It was going to take a few days or more so since I needed a phone, they gave me one to use while I waited. I had no idea that they were considering this a new purchase and new contract.  When they switched me back to the new iPhone, they switched me to the new data plan.  Under the contract I had, I had unlimited data, now I have whatever they offer.  I didn't know this until last week.  The rep told me I noticed that it had been changed too late to switch it back.  I argued that it should never have been switched without asking me in the first place.   Evidently switching to the loaner phone meant they started my contract over  -- if the sales person had said "you know, if you take the loaner phone, your data package will change," I would have had to make it without a phone.  So their policy is if you have a problem without pointing it out soon, you are stuck, no matter if they caused the problem or not.

0 Likes
LooneyTunes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been with VW since 1993 when they took over PacTel.  Always had good customer service people willing to work with me to help me with any concerns with billing and added fees they like to sneak in on you.  They were always happy and willing to take off any fees that had not been brought to my attention at the time of a transaction - which were many!!  I have two cell phones, veizon home phone, verizon wifi and a sub account with four phones on it.  The sub account is for my grandson.  I have recently closed three of the four phones on the sub account and had to pay off the early termination fees.  The representative talked to his supervisor for some time but couldn't get any "discount" for a long time loyal customer on the payoff on the three lines.  He quoted the price of my bill that I would get for the cancellation of the phones and told me he would send me a label to send back a smart phone that was just issued.  Never got the label.  Never received a bill.  Did recently receive an email threatening to charge me $500 for not sending back the phone and when I called about the bill it was $200 more that was quoted.  Needless to say VW has become quite the NO CUSTOMER SERVICE company.  Paying your bill on time and never missing a payment, sigining contract after contract, year after year, doesn't mean a thing to them anymore.  So! VW! As soon an all my contracts expire - you will never see one cent of money again!!  There was life before cell phones.  And there will be life for me after VW!!

0 Likes
mback2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I JUST CANCELLED MY SERVICE I HAVE TO PAY TO CANCEL,BUT I HAD ENOUGH, I HAD THE THUNDERBOLT,AND HAD ALREADY HAD TO GET REPAIR,NOW 5 MONTH LATER THE SAMETHING HAS HAPPEN AGAIN, (deleted inappropriate content per VZW ToS) this company there are others out there

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator (M)

0 Likes