Re: Please help, Verizon is charging me for a returned device that came up as an empty box
Tidbits
Legend

There you go again. Things have been the same for years for all manufacturers around the world. Stop trolling for a minute and use your head. If you actually read the thread I told him the same thing I would have said if I was on any forum when it comes to products as they are no different from each other. So I must be getting a lot of money from various manufacturers and carriers. I should probably be one of those 1% by now right?

0 Likes
Re: Please help, Verizon is charging me for a returned device that came up as an empty box
lisabeth2003
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the EXACT same situation as verbaltek. Received my replacement iPhone on May 1 and mailed the defective device back to Ft. Worth in their box with their shipping label on May2. Followed all instructions.

Received text several weeks later that I would be charged $599 for equipment that was not returned. Made 4 calls and have been treated rather poorly by customer service. I have been a customer for more than a decade. Everyone in my family is a customer (mother, father, sister, aunts & uncles, cousins). NEVER had a late payment.

Each customer service person has told me a different story. In one case, the device was not received. In another case, they located the device and I would be credited. When I followed up 5 days later, most recently, another agent and supervisor told me they found an empty box. This is OUTRAGEOUS. I have been with verizon for so many years because of their outstanding customer service. I am shocked by the way that I am being treated. Supervisors leave me messages with phone numbers where they cannot be reached and I am waiting now for 8 days for someone who was supposed to call me on June 12. I am switching to ATT or SPRINT.

0 Likes
Robcast

I am in exactly the same situation you are, after many phone calls and wasted hours, i was told by a manager named Chris to contact Verizon thru the website.  I guess 13 years being a loyal customer doesn't account for anything. I will be contacting the local news department to see if they get answers, also I would like to get in contact with other people in the same situation, to see if together we could this issue resolved.

0 Likes
nlitend
Contributor - Level 1

How exactly does the duration of being a customer effect whether the phone physically arrived in the box?

0 Likes
nlitend
Contributor - Level 1

If the local news has nothing better to report than one individuals cell phone woes i want to live in a town that quiet.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

rall_g4 wrote:

If he returned it under warranty with the Verizom shipping label and Verizon chose not to insure it , why isn't Verizon SOL if something happened in transit?

>Post edited. Keep your comments on topic<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

You've never shipped something before?  If I ever ship something to someone I never insure it.  The only time I ever do is when they request it, and they pay for it.  When you buy something from Amazon they never insure it as well.  When you buy something from most places they never insure it unless request and paid for by the payee.  Kind of hard to change how things are done if they have been done for a long time.

0 Likes
lisabeth2003
Enthusiast - Level 1

After talking with 11 people (14 hours) and filing a complaint with the FCC, Verizon issued the credit. They found evidence that when I shipped the box at USPS, it weighed what it should have weighed with an iPhone inside. When the folks at the Ft. Worth warehouse said that they opened it and found it empty, they knew that was not possible. I found it to be most helpful when I emailed verizon, because somebody wrote back to me directly and took the time to read through all of the notes of my case. Good luck!

ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Verbaltek,

If it's one thing that gets an immediate reaction from our community members, it's an inaccurate bill. We want to make it SUPER easy to do business with us, which is why I am personally reaching out to you! Please accept my sincerest apology if this issue has caused any frustration for you! With your permission, I would like to look into this for you so we can customize a solution for you. Since I need some account sensitive information, may I request that you send me an e-mail with your full name, mobile number, contact number, and a summary of the issue. Also, please include the initials ^AH in the subject line next to your topic. This will ensure that your e-mail get forwarded to me as I want us to partner together on this issue. My e-mail address is vzwsupport@verizonwireless.com. I look forward to hearing from you my friend!

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I ship things out on a weekly basis and insure everything because things happen. The box gets destroyed, lost, turns up missing, delivered to the incorrect address etc... To insure something that has a value of $600.00 it might cost you $5.00 to ship and I think it is great insurance to have, especially when sending something back to a Verizon Returns Warehouse (which I believe are third party outfits, could be wrong though).

I have had plenty of issues with returning things to Verizon from them claiming the return date had a Typo in it (adding 30 days) to them listing it under the wrong persons account etc... The wrong persons account was easy to fix, the typo only got resolved by filing in Small Claims court, then Verizon found the mistake even though I had provided them 23 times witht he signature showing it was returned on time.

0 Likes
noslrac

Empty boxes showing up at the Verison warehouse... how about the wrong phone in the box?

Verizon is telling me that I returned a Blackberry instead of the iPhone 4s that I DID return.  My account has been charged $650.00 for the supposedly unreturned iPhone. The Blackberry that they claim was returned has never been owned by me and the Warehouse took no pictures of the returned phone or the box it came in (which I've been told they are required to do).  This nightmare started on June 30th and I stopped keeping track of how many times I've been told that the Warehouse is just a mess.  I offered to come to the Warehouse and find the iPhone that I returned but they didn't think I was serious - I am.  My guess is that my returned iPhone has already been sold to somebody else as a "like new refurb". The customer service representatives have all be very nice and sympathic and they are all frustrated by the "Warehouse".   We are at a loss as to what our next steps should be...

0 Likes