Trade In Issues - Being Charged for Both Phones
christpl

In Oct my Verizon Wireless account showed that I was eligible for an early upgrade.I was on a device payment plan and it stated I could return my device for the amount due and start a new contract on an upgraded device (like I have done many times before) My new device arrived along with prepaid shipping material to return my trade-in. I shipped the phone back and thought all was good. On my next bill I noticed the payment plan for my new phone had started, but the one I returned continued as well. Thinking it would just take time to sync up, I thought nothing of it. After the next bill arrived with the same situation, I contacted support for the first time. I was told my phone had been received and scanned in at the warehouse and the charge will fix itself soon. 3rd bill arrived and the charge had been stopped, and I once again thought all was good. The next bill shocked me to see that $600+ had been added to be paid off immediately for the remainder of the phone balance, the one that was returned and confirmed numerous times to have been received. After hours on the phone with support, in which they say the phone was not eligible for upgrade, they cant return the one I returned, I need to pay the full amount, and that I should call the trade in team to "see what they say'. The trade in phone number provided was an automated message only. I am at the end of my rope. I have been a loyal Verizon customer for a LONG time (FIOS and wireless), but am starting to feel like my business is not valued. Has this happened to anyone else? Is anyone able to offer assistance from Verizon?

0 Likes