Is this a phishing email?
keith701a

Early this morning I received an email advising my lines were disconnected and I owe money. On my phone the email looked legit... the site took me to my verizon and the payment screen looked correct (I even had to verify like usual via text to log into my verizon). The only thing that caught my attention that made me pause and not make a payment was Norton graphics verifying security.

I did not make a payment since I haven't made any account changes and my last bill is paid in full (I've been a customer for a month). Customer service chat advises no correspondence were sent to me at the time of the email, and the email was sent to an Outlook alias, not the email I use for my Verizon account. I'm concerned someone else setup an account in my name and I'll be sent to collections. 
When viewed on a computer, the email body is a png image, which makes me suspect it is phishing. Is this a legit email from Verizon? I found conflicting information online. I did forward the email to Verizon's phishing email address, per the suggestion from the customer service chat.

0 Likes