Tools for Monitoring Usage?
jfredsr

On this page I find the following, along with other info:

Usage Alerts –  A free tool that helps you monitor your usage via text messages sent directly to your mobile device

Usage Alerts         
My Verizon
Usage Meters
CostFree
Access Method• Text Messaging
• Email
Automatic NotificationsYes, for data usage.
See below for voice
and messaging usage*

Usage Alerts

This tool helps you monitor your usage via free text messages sent directly to your mobile device and / or emails sent to your email account. We offer two different types of free usage alerts: data usage alerts and voice and messaging alerts.

Voice and Messaging Alerts: If you have usage based pricing for voice or messaging, we may send you a free text message alert if you exceed, or are trending to exceed, your allowances on or around the twentieth day of your bill cycle.

How to Get It

Usage alerts are included with all usage based plans; no initial setup is required.

I just had a bill with $112 overage for voice, I believe the overage began 13 days before the end of my billing cycle.  If I'm reading the above correctly I should have been notified but wasn't.  Associate I spoke with couldn't explain but did offer 30% discount.  @.45/min. the charge is much too high anyway.   Can anyone explain why I wasn't notified so I could avoid this overage?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes