Disney Plus nightmare will not end.
miata1955
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was on unlimited plan so Verizon offered Disney Plus for one year for free, with option to cancel. A few months later I switched to Shared data plan, I received noticed from Verizon I no longer quailified for free promo. I went on My Verizon and tried to cancel app (many times over four day period) When I clicked cancel orange banner would come up can not complete at this time.

I called Verizon and they walked me through same steps with same results. They tried to deactivate and couldn't, They would put a ticket in and it would be removed. Checked a week later still there and I still couldn't cancel. I went to Disney site and tried to cancel and it says third party billing click on link for Verizon, which  takes you back to Verizon. 

Re: Disney Plus nightmare will not end.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us today. We are sorry to read that you are having trouble getting your Disney+ add on remove from your account. We would be happy to take a closer look to find out what needs to be done. Let's dive in. Please be on the lookout for a Private Note/Message from us. Thanks. 

0 Likes
miata1955
Enthusiast - Level 2

Clicked reply and would not send?

Disney not listed only

View solution in original post

0 Likes
miata1955
Enthusiast - Level 2

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 10.52.05 AM.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too and we're here to help. We apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing with the Disney + registration. I see that one of our team members sent a private note to your attention. Did you receive it? - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
miata1955
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received an email saying I would be contacted about this problem. I have not, until you contacted me. I myself called today and they acknowledge problem and are going to try and resolve it and will me back today with a solution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you didn't receive a message here, miata1955. However, I'm glad it is being worked on. If you still need assistance, please post back here, and we'll send another Private Message. I appreciate your patience with us. 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
tatjanara
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am cancelling my account with Verizon for the similar reasons. The nightmare with Disney is more than what I can deal with right now. Feel like they make me run in circles with advices that cannot be followed. And insisting that Disney should help me, when it clearly says the account is managed by Verizon is insulting.

Goodbye, verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to lose you and are always here to help.  Unfortunately we are not able to make any changes or to view anything without gaining access to your account through authentication.  You can also reach out to us other ways as well if you don't prefer this method.  Here is more information.

https://www.verizon.com/support/contact-us/?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D61948977169265042643466302775752791097%...

0 Likes
mcrattis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this same problem and seems to be all over.  I had Disney + subscription for free.  Started getting charged $6.99, somehow had the $6 Hulu and ESPN+ part opted in and just want to cancel that part.  I do not want Hulu and ESPN+, just Disney + and yet, I cannot cancel.  

I have clicked cancel via Chrome on 3 different laptops.

I have clicked cancel on Safari on a MacBook.

I have cancelled through the MyVerizon App on my iPhone.

I have chatted with support on my iPhone who confirmed it was cancelled and it is still there.

I am being charged $6 a month for something I have tried to cancel repeatedly. 

Better Business Bureau and FTC's Consumer Protection Agency are next along with looking into AT&T, T-Mobile or some other provider. 

It is ridiculous the volume of time this has consumed for me to simply cancel a service I do not want.  It is apparent Verizon is not solving this as it has been all over these Community threads for months.