Re: I got screwed by the Verizon store and now noone will help! Thanks Verizon.
edis54
Contributor - Level 2

Weird. Interesting.

Why do we suddenly having a problem with a signal? After an ‘upgrade’ to a new phone I expected that I would have a better signal than it was on my old.

My four (4) previous phones always worked fine from my house without any signal issue. I had at least 2-3 strokes. When I came home from the VZW store with my first Samsung Intensity III, I hardly noticed 1 stroke and I had drop calls while on the phone.

I spent hours with VZW tech support. After two days I was told that the signal is weak because my area does not have full coverage. When I asked if four days ago was a different coverage than is today – the answer of course was NO. So then I asked why I had a bad reception on the new phone when I had great reception, from the same location, on my old-dying phone? The answer was: it could be a problem with the new phone. I was advised to exchange the phone in the VZW store.

The second phone, in addition to the reception issue, had almost dead battery, cracking sound and windy noise in the background. Again, I spent hours with VZW tech support, which ended…. I was advised to go to the store and exchange the phone.

So, I came home with the third phone. The battery was okay, the voice was not bad, the reception was bad, as it was bad on the first device – only one stroke.

Because I spent so much time on this “upgrade” and the other issues did not show on this phone, I just gave up on the weak signal issue. I could not do this anymore.

I am planning to start a new discussion only about the weak signal on new devices after an upgrade. Just to see if others have the same problem.

0 Likes