To and from information in usage details spreadsheets missing.
zach382

I've been collecting and compiling the usage details for all my sent and received text messages for a couple of years now and sometime in the last month it seems like the export format to an excel spreadsheet has has been changed. Now Verizon doesn't provide the number you messaged and only includes time and date which makes the information pretty much useless. Is there anyway export the data in the old format?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: To and from information in usage details spreadsheets missing.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zach382,

When you log in to your My Verizon account you are still able to view the messaging details, including the numbers, of the text messages sent and received. I tried doing this with my account and when trying to downloading the information to a spreadsheet it will not show the mobile number. Just the Date and time.

It seems that the mobile number is no longer available to download to a spreadsheet.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gbr0216

John B,

I too use this feature quite a bit to monitor cell phones in my family. When someone texts like my kids, it used to show a wealth of information (how many times they text at what time), without the cell number (from/to) it is useless to download. And, to scroll through 499 pages online is a waste of time.

Is this not being fixed? I cannot fathom why verizon wireless removed this feature. Please explain why it is.

0 Likes
drogers123

I too use this feature for my business.  It allows me to keep track of what numbers I am contacting and how much and more.  When will this be adjusted back to the old way?  It was  VERY useful tool for me and others.

0 Likes
jbartko

I noticed it stopped saving the TO and FROM fields early to mid June. I had one saved from 6/4 that DID have the data.

Very annoying to have to hit the ALL button then copy the entire page into Excel.  1000's of rows to verify I didn't miss anything.

A real pain. I really miss it working properly.

0 Likes
gbr0216

I just received an email today, and it states to clear the cache (which I always do at the end of the session) and did it again and it is working again.. I don't who fixed it, but the this message forum does work and i'm happy again...

0 Likes