Will there be new Canada or Mexico calling plans thanks to the Share Data Plan?
szfq93

I recently signed up for Verizon service (back in March, 2012) and go the 700 minute family plan (2 smart phones with data and one "feature" phone).  One of the reasons I chose Verizon over AT&T was because Verizon had coverage in a portion of Canada that I visit and had a Canada Calling Plan to cover that area.  My goal was to switch to that plan for the month of my trip so that I could make/receive calls while in Canada.  Now, however, because of the new share plans, I would not be able to switch BACK to my preferred family plan (which gives me the upgraded 4GB per smart phone instead of 2GB).  So, I have a great plan now, but if I switch to the Canada plan for 2 measly weeks (or the full month), I can never switch back without having to choose the new share plans (which won't be as good a deal for me).

Hence, I don't plan to switch to the Canada calling plan.  So, is there ANY other kind of add-on service that I can use on my existing family plan that will let me make/receive calls for a reasonable rate in Canada?  For example, Sprint has a $.2.99 add-on that let's you make/receive calls in Canada for $0.09/minute.   Without any kind of add-on, the per-minute rate is $0.69 and I think that's just airtime, it wouldn't include the long-distance cost of calling a Canadian phone# (I can work around that by using Google voice, but still...not as nice).

Labels (1)
0 Likes