Re: How do you escalate when sales agent lied and tricked me into purchasing two phones?
enochrules
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently got my phone stolen while traveling overseas and I still had 10 more payments left on the phone.  so I reached out to Verizon sales and asked if I would be eligible to get a buy one and get the second one $750 off deal.  He said I would have to add an additional line and upgrade my plans to uliminted.  So I asked him if it would be possible to add another line and close one of two existing lines while being eligible for the BOGO deal.  He said yes.  I clearly mentioned that I need to open one additional line to get the BOGO deal and close out another.

I had two lines with two phones that I purchased last year with another BOGO deal.  so I was making payments on one phone while I was getting payments credited for another.  Since I was making payments on one of the two phones, I had to pay one off to get two new phones with new BOGO deal.  I asked him three times during our chat to make sure I would be able to close out one line and he confirmed again and again that it can be done.  so I ended up purchasing two new phones and adding another line thinking that he would close one line out at the end of purchase because he confirmed that he would close it out.

So I went to a dealer nearby to pick up the new phones and came home thinking that one of the lines would be closed.  However, it wasn't closed out and I found out that I still owe additional $333 for the line if I were to close it out.  So the sales agent basically tricked me into thinking that I would be able to close out one line without any penalty so that I would purchase two new phones without actually closing out one line.  Verizon is claiming that it was my fault for not knowing or reading the terms even though the sales agent clearly told me he would close out one of the lines for me.

Now I have three lines and need to pay for all three lines with higher unlimited plan.  I saved all the trascripts of conversation between me and sales agent as below.  Is there any way to escalate this or am I doomed to pay the other phone to close out the line?

I spoke with another agent last night and he was blaming me for not knowing the terms even thought the initial sales agent make it sound like i can still close out one line without penalties.  I even spoke with his supervisor, but he was not help and repeated what was said before.  When I asked the supervisor about why one line was not closed during the purchase, he is not able to answer my question and he started lying about the sales agent didn't have access to my account.  As you can see below, he clearly had access to my account and he asked me to provide him with codes that he sent to me for getting access to my account in several times.

0 Likes