Exchanging new phone for preorder S3
jaehlee00

I recently got the Razr Maxx and found that the in call volume (even though it is all the way up) is way too low.  Couldn't hear anything in the city.

I asked a online chat rep if returning my new phone that I upgraded to on 6/1 would revert my account back to upgradable status as well as give back the 100$ credit that was on my account and she said YES.  I went to the verizon wireless store and they said NO, it would be gone forever.  Which is correct?

The person at the store suggested that I preorder the phone and exchange it when it is released because I will still have the $100 credit if I do it that way.  The only problem is if I preorder the S3, and it doesn't come out by 6/15, I won't be able to exchange to it, or is it possible even if it's coming out later than 6/15?  Can I commit to an exchange, revert my phone back to my old phone until the S3 is released?  They say that typically preorders start a week before release and that I should be fine but with reports of release dates being on the 20th+, I'm a bit weary. 

Can a verizon rep please answer my question?

1. Will returning my phone give me back the $100 credit that was on my account prior to the purchase of the new phone on 6/1?

2. Is it possible to commit to an exchange with a phone that isn't out yet and use my old phone in the meantime?

Thank you!

Below are logs with the chat rep:

Chat end time Jun 4, 2012 6:21:37 PM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:04:20
Operator Amelia

Chat Transcript
  info:  Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order.  Thank you for your patience.
  info:  You are now chatting with 'Amelia'
  Amelia:  Good evening, welcome to verizon wireless chat, my name is Amelia how may I help you this evening?
  You:  Hi
  You:  If I bought a phone from a physical store, and want to return it, do I have to go to the same store where I bought it?
  You:  or can it be another verizon wireless store
  Amelia:  no you don't you would just have to go to a store. 
  You:  ah
  You:  when i return the phone within the 14 day window, it resets my upgrade status 
  You:  so that I can upgrade again with the discounted price, but 
  You:  i had a 100$ bonus discount on there, does that come back as well?
  Amelia:  yes it will come back to you but you will have to pay a $35.00 restocking fee. 
  You:  ah very good, I will probably do that as I'm unhappy with my new phone.  Thank you very much
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Exchanging new phone for preorder S3
notarep
Contributor - Level 3

Return the phone, have your upgrade reset, wait until it is released. Thats your best alternative. You'll have to contact customer service to ensure you get your ne2 credit back.

Re: Exchanging new phone for preorder S3
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3

If you return it you will lose your ne2 credit but if cs says no then you are good to go. Honestly yeah I think its worth the change to the s3.I have heard so many great things about it. I would defenetly pay the restocking fee.

0 Likes