Exchanging new phone for preorder S3
jaehlee00

I recently got the Razr Maxx and found that the in call volume (even though it is all the way up) is way too low.  Couldn't hear anything in the city.

I asked a online chat rep if returning my new phone that I upgraded to on 6/1 would revert my account back to upgradable status as well as give back the 100$ credit that was on my account and she said YES.  I went to the verizon wireless store and they said NO, it would be gone forever.  Which is correct?

The person at the store suggested that I preorder the phone and exchange it when it is released because I will still have the $100 credit if I do it that way.  The only problem is if I preorder the S3, and it doesn't come out by 6/15, I won't be able to exchange to it, or is it possible even if it's coming out later than 6/15?  Can I commit to an exchange, revert my phone back to my old phone until the S3 is released?  They say that typically preorders start a week before release and that I should be fine but with reports of release dates being on the 20th+, I'm a bit weary. 

Can a verizon rep please answer my question?

1. Will returning my phone give me back the $100 credit that was on my account prior to the purchase of the new phone on 6/1?

2. Is it possible to commit to an exchange with a phone that isn't out yet and use my old phone in the meantime?

Thank you!

Below are logs with the chat rep:

Chat end time Jun 4, 2012 6:21:37 PM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:04:20
Operator Amelia

Chat Transcript
  info:  Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order.  Thank you for your patience.
  info:  You are now chatting with 'Amelia'
  Amelia:  Good evening, welcome to verizon wireless chat, my name is Amelia how may I help you this evening?
  You:  Hi
  You:  If I bought a phone from a physical store, and want to return it, do I have to go to the same store where I bought it?
  You:  or can it be another verizon wireless store
  Amelia:  no you don't you would just have to go to a store. 
  You:  ah
  You:  when i return the phone within the 14 day window, it resets my upgrade status 
  You:  so that I can upgrade again with the discounted price, but 
  You:  i had a 100$ bonus discount on there, does that come back as well?
  Amelia:  yes it will come back to you but you will have to pay a $35.00 restocking fee. 
  You:  ah very good, I will probably do that as I'm unhappy with my new phone.  Thank you very much
Labels (1)
0 Likes