Terrible Reception at Research/Union in Colorado Springs
j2ktiger

We have lived in this area for 10 years and the reception has been terrible at this intersection. Calls drop whenver you approach this area. We moved 2 years ago within our same neighborhood, but closer to the intersection and have zero coverage in our new home. I have to pay for solid wifi coverage so that we can use wifi calling otherwise we cannot make phone calls. Having been a customer over 15 years we were willing to wait out the fix. Verizon told me in 2017 that there are 4 towers in this immediate area and that is why we have poor coverage, but no worries as infrastructure development is on its way -- well guess what, going into 2020 it is as bad or worse than ever.....finally at the point of considering leaving Verizon as all my Sprint and AT&T friends have full bars in our neighborhood........Anyone else in the Research/Union area of Colorado Springs that are frustrated with Verizon reception issues?

FYI--We have Iphone 10 and 11's all updated so please don't reply and say it is an issue with my phone or update or wall structure in my house ---- the reception has been poor with iPhone 6's until now and once I leave my neighborhood then reception is great......unfortunately, when on an important phone call and driving home I have to pull into the elementary school to finish my call knowing it will drop if I proceed home -- crazy!

Who can get this fixed?

0 Likes
Re: Terrible Reception at Research/Union in Colorado Springs
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to read about the issues that you are having in your home area. Having reliable service is important in order to stay connected. What kind of signal do you get in your home area (4G, 3G, 1x)? Do you have this issue with service at all times of the day?

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
j2ktiger

Our phones bounce between 1 bar of LTE or 3G. No matter which it is calls won’t stay connected or will connect but you can only understand every 4-5 words type thing.

As I stated earlier, someone from Verizon said there are towers on Safeway, Checks Unlimited and the Mormon church...because there are too many too close they are cancelling one another—-not sure whether it’s true or not—we live in a very nice neighborhood and it would be nice to have the service we pay for from Verizon.

0 Likes
j2ktiger

I missed posting that this is the same at all times of the day or night

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details, could you tell us what does your signal show? When did this problem start?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
j2ktiger

I'm wondering if you read original post as you are asking me questions that are obvious in the above....my signal shows I can't make a phone call 1 bar at best or 3G...if a call does connect you get about every 4th word.

also stated above that it has been this way for 2.5 years since we moved into our house.

I'm curious as to whether anyone on this forum from Verizon has any ability to fix this issue? I wouldn't imagine so

0 Likes