Re: Employee discount not honored
mama23dogs
Legend

@Undermoose wrote:
I think I do.

When I walk into a store and I am told at point of sale that I am entitled makes me entitled.

Discounts are a gift, not a right, per the agreement your employer has with Verizon.  And that's what you got.   No service discount.  Waived upgrade and or activation fees, discounted accessories or what ever the agreement allows.

You're saying I have to have read all the fine print at the store, and buyer beware? I need a lawyer to review what the sales people tell me to my face? Sales people offering bad information are not what Verizon should stand behind.

If you don't feel able to read the customer agreement and prices per the published sources, I guess so.  

Then to call customer service to ask how to enroll and they give me the details, only to be denied after my return period expires? I signed up the next day after the sale, had the enrollment been denied immediately I'd have at least had the opportunity to decide. 2 months later I find out I was denied because I called, there was no communication from Verizon.

FYI same deal as At&t.  

Bad business practices by Verizon.  Published information 

Numerous complaints by people posting on the web.

You'd think they'd at least manage their discount eligibility up front with a signed document, like all the other documents they make you sign.

That I agree with.  I find it hard to believe they don't know discounts don't apply to unlimited, it written in stone. 

Yes, a case could be made to support people's claims.

It's not going to change your bill.