Re: Verizon service and phones too high
JamesT1950

I know how you feel, I have paid over $30,000 dollars to Verizon in the past 25 plus years for just two phones.  I am tired of it because it seems that everythiing I pay into keeps going up in price except my Social Security and pension. 

Today, I was forced to change my phone over to Consumer Cellular, unlimited talk & text with 2gb of data for $28.50 a month plus tax. I can't change my wifes phone over yet because she still owes 3 payments on her phone. When It's paid off, I will add her to consumer cellular for an extra $15.00 a month plus tax. We don't use much surfing when we are away from wi-fi so the 2gb should be plenty. 

So, 2 phones, unlimited talk and test and 2gb combined data for under $65.00 a month versus $159.00 a month. And if you're an AARP member, there is an additional discount.

Some say the coverage for Consumer is terrible. Actually, Consumer Cellular is owned by AT$T and the coverage is very good so there shouldn't be a problem. Everyone I have talked to on Consumer Cellular likes it and 99.9% of them say the coverage is great.

I seriously urge everyone to get out of this expensive Verizon plan and change to something more sensable. 

0 Likes