Re: Verizon service and phones too high
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You said: "I pay 179.00 a month for just 2 phones and a meager 10 gigs a month."

10GB - meager?  My daughter and I share 2GB a month and usually manage to use 1GB, sometimes a bit more.  She has an iPhone and I have an Android, plus I have a tablet on the account (and two basic phones).  We take advantage of wifi whenever we can, my bill runs ~$170 a month.  But that's 5 devices vs your two.  I think you may be able to lower your total bill - are either of the two lines out of contract?  With a shared bucket of 6GB or more, you can drop $25/line that is out of contract.  And check your data usage, use wifi whenever you can, and you may be able to save on the data cost by lowering your allowance.

Drop the insurance too - and put that money aside to buy a new phone outright if needed.  We dropped insurance a long time ago.

With the new pricing structures Verizon has in place, I'm paying less now than I was a year ago, with more devices on my account, and unlimited minutes vs a set allowance.  And data usage is not an issue - we used to have 2 GB a piece, and never came close, so now we share 2 GB quite comfortably.

0 Likes