Degradation of signal/reception north of Alexandria, MN
Southwij

I have been a Verizon customer for over 20 years. I pay over $3300 a year for 5 devices on high data plans. Verizon has chosen to vacate coverage in our summer spot...either because you can or you don't have the infrastructure stability to maintain reliable service. My experience is well documented in your account logs. You basically shut down the download speeds from great, reliable service for over 10 years and fast enough to always go over 16GB or 24GB a month during the summer....to less than a half a megabyte per second....IN ONE DAY. After several calls and hours on the phone, a network ticket was finally assigned and worked. The resolution message stated (paraphrasing), your coverage area is marginal so we don't have to fix it.

Multiple devices experience the problem only in that area so it is not the device, the same trees have been in place for 10 years so it is not foliage, it happens on the 24 GB or Unlimited (and Beyond) plans only in that area so it is not the plan. The area is remote and not servicing stadiums or music festivals so there is no congestion.....THIS IS EITHER A NETWORK PRIORITIZATION OR A NETWORK FAILURE. Your technical team says the network is working as expected. That is probably true because the technical team made the decision to make it work that way.

I just spent a half hour on my final call with a Verizon rep.  I requested to contact someone from the business team responsible for customer satisfaction, not bandwidth. I need to be convinced what changed in one day to vacate signal/reception. I was told he was the customer service advocate. With all due respect, a support rep is not a decision-maker.

I made it clear this was my last call. I will be heading to that area this weekend. If the issue is not resolved, I will be reporiting my experience to the MN PUC, FCC, and MN Atty General, and any other regulatory agency that is taking $ from my monthly bill.  I will be organizing other Verizon users in the area via newspaper and social media to create a collective complaint.

THEN I WILL BEGIN SEARCHING FOR A COMPANY THAT DOESN'T CHARGE YOU TO BE A BIG RELIABLE NETWORK WHEN THEY AREN'T.

0 Likes