Dead Spot 2 miles west of US Route 1 in Lynnfield, MA (just west of Suntag Lake)
mikecarrot
Enthusiast - Level 1

For years I have had poor signal strength at my home, just 2 mile west of US Route 1 (opposite side of Suntag Lake, a drinking water resevoir for city of Lynn, MA.)  Signal strength is never more than the first two lowest bars.  Msg and voice are difficult to make and receive. 

A trouble call was placed 1 month ago and I was told by Customer Service that someone would call by now.  The excellent customer service rep from AZ went through all obvious refreshes and updates one can do.  Still 2 bars max. 

Know a bit about electromagnetic signals, I suspect that the hill near my property is between my phone and your cell tower.  Since I live just about on the junction of US Route 1 and US 95 two major highways are within 2 miles of my home.  Surely there are other cell towers that I should be able to access.  There is an Amnerican Cell Tower within visual sight of my home.  It is located in Peabody, MA just east of US Route 1 don't think you are on it because I wouln't have this problem.  There are many residents in my area who should also have poor service.

As you say about your "largest network," "Do I hear You?"  The answer is NO.

What can Verizon do about this?  Obviously Verizon could provide a roof top repeater if that is the problem.  (They are not expensive.)  The repeater could be used by me and all my neighbors.  There are other solution too.  I been a customer for over a decade.  If Verizon does not care then maybe I need to revisit my provider choice.

0 Likes