Re: Warning: Don't Use Trade-In Program
Tmleger8297
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am going through this situation right now. We traded in my daughters and my iPhone 7s. Mine was in perfect condition cosmetically and operationally. My daughters had a Tiny tiny defect in the screen but the sales rep looked at both phones and offered us the full $450 per phone trade-in. Because we did not have our phones cleared, they sent us home with a box. Immediately after clearing our phones  I put them in the pouches and actually added additional padding inside the box and mailed it. Just received notice that they are saying my daughters phone had a significant screen defect and that it was not operational and could not even be turned on when they received it. There was absolutely nothing wrong with that phone when we sent it in. They have offered a partial Trade in value and suggested I could either do that or fight with UPS to see if I could get them to pay the difference . This wouldn’t be an option with the UPS claims requirements because I don’t have the box and I can’t take pictures of the packing and the box as it was when it arrived at Verizon. My sales rep when I spoke with her personally didn’t understand it either because she said that she looked at it and she would never have taken it if it was significantly cracked or inoperational but her hands were tied. Very frustrating.