Why is my reception and coverage decreasing
cnapp685
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had ATT when I moved to the adirondacks and switched to Verizon because of the superior data coverage in my area (12901).  Over the last few months 4G reception and coverage has been decreasing.  I have tried everything, reset phone, updated software, and tried every suggestion and double checked every setting on my brand new galaxy S10 phone.  I pay a good amount of money for unlimited data, and I have recently downgraded from unlimited plus because I was no where near the limits.  There should be no reason that my data is now unavailable in previously fine areas, unless Verizon is either uninstalling towers or decreasing my data availability as a repercussion despite no even being close to my data limits.  More likely, Verizon is now restricting my data access because I downgraded my data plan, even though I still have no where close to using all of my available data.  I will definitely  not recommend Verizon to people new to the area as I have in the past until this issue is resolved, and may actually switch back to ATT.  It seems ridiculous that 4G availability would decrease for this long now.

Re: Why is my reception and coverage decreasing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to lose you as our customer.  As a customer myself I completely understand how important having the best possible coverage at all times is.  Let’s turn this around ASAP.  We want to make sure we have all the details.  How many months ago did this start?  Can you tell us more about what issues you are experiencing with your decreased coverage (dropped calls, slow speeds, error messages, etc.)?  Are other devices having this same issue in your area?

SeanC_VZW

Coup11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in the 12901 zip code as well and have experienced the same decreased reception and coverage for the past few months also. I have spoken to many others in the area that have been complaining about the same thing so yes unfortunately there are many other people in this area experiencing it as well. I have a iPhone XR so that’s not the issue, and have tried numerous things as well to get better reception and have had no success.  I usually only get 2 bars max. When talking on the phone reception cuts out constantly which is very annoying and it shouldn’t. I rarely ever get 4G reception anywhere in this area. I noticed the problem started a few months ago when the water tower was re-painted. I believe it serves as a cell tower as well since there are cell service receptors on the top of the water tower. Ever since the receptors were taken off to repaint the tower and put back up reception has been terrible.  I live in very close proximity to the water/cell tower and consistently only get 2 bars at my house.  Please fix this issue not just for me but for all resident of this area that have Verizon cell service.

pbennie

My coverage started being affected about 1 month ago, people cannot hear me and I have to walk outside. I have two bars and wifi calling is enabled. My wifi router is within 5 feet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
-Santo
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pbennie, I personally rely on my phone to keep my life in order and if I had service issues, especially at my apartment, I would be lost.  I am here to help and we will find out what is causing the service issues.  Can you please confirm your zip code?   What do you experience with your texting and mobile data while you are off of WiFi?  How far from your home do you have to go to get a proper signal? -Santo

0 Likes