Re: cancel line on account due to death
ROCKSEEKERS
Enthusiast - Level 2

THE USER IS NOT ON THE ACCOUNT!!  It is MY ACCOUNT in MY NAME.  I am like $400 in the hole with Verizon.  I have gone into the corporate or whatever store in Santee and they started to give me the same frickin' speech I got online!!  I WANT THE BILLING TO STOP.  I have no problem paying the monthly payment for the actual phone but for Verizon to continue to charge me monthly service charges on a phone that has not, and is not, and will not be used because the person DIED is making me insane.  I am living paycheck to paycheck and I need MY CELL PHONE for my work but since Verizon is charging me for services on a line that hasn't been used since about October 2018 and CONTINUES TO DO SO DESPITE MY 500 attempts to get it to stop I will not be able to keep up these monthly payments and thus lose my cell phone service, home phone service, internet, all which are vital because of where I live and work!!  I AM SO FRUSTRATED I COULD JUST SCREAM.  I walked out of the Santee Verizon because I sat there for close to an hour while the rep went behind closed doors to research my account....  I drove close to 2 hours to get there (traffic permitting) and was getting absolutely NOWHERE with them.  A death certificate can take MONTHS to obtain via their mail request process.  HE WASN'T EVEN ON MY FRICKING ACCOUNT FOR GOD'S SAKE.  I guess I will just contact somebody at corporate headquarters and hopefully they can do something for me because I am sick and tired of customer service wasting my fricking time!!  Also, I don't happen to have the almost $400 to pay off the phone so since I am unable to payoff the phone, I was told that Verizon will continue to charge me the monthly service charges until it is paid off.  SO ON TOP OF NOT BEING ABLE TO PAY MY MONTHLY CELL BILL BECAUSE OF THEIR CHARGING FOR SERVICES ON A LINE THAT ISN'T ACTIVE, I NEED TO COME UP WITH $400 SO THESE EXCESSIVE CHARGES STOP.  HOW IN THE heck AM I SUPPOSED TO COME UP WITH $400 WHEN I CAN'T EVEN AFFORD THE ALMOST $100 A MONTH EXTRA FOR A LINE THAT ISN'T ACTIVE.  And all the reps are so nonchalant and oh I'm sorry to hear about your loss...  what in the heck gives you the right to continue charging after a person dies and WHO ISN'T / WASN'T EVEN LISTED AS AN ACCOUNT HOLDER ON THE ACCOUNT??? 

0 Likes