cancel line on account due to death
ROCKSEEKERS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently spent at least two hours chatting with Verizon rep via my online account regarding removing one of the phone lines on my account due to the death of the user.  Basically the bottom line was that until I drive the almost 2 hours to my nearest corporate Verizon store and provide them with a copy of the death certificate, the monthly billing for said line will continue even though the phone has not been used since November 2018.  It wasn't until the very end of my 2 hour chat that the rep was able to procure authorization to credit my current month's billing for said unused line's service charges but was again reminded that despite this "one time" credit, my account will continue to be charged monthly (almost $100) for Verizon's services.  It seems that Verizon's greed is their #1 priority; they didn't even consider the fact that there has been absolutely no activity on the unused line only that they want their money even after death.  Pathetic and ridiculous policy.  I will no longer brag about Verizon's service up here in the mountain areas any more.