Re: Question about throttling
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@kaybracon wrote:

I'm on the "unlimited" plan which provides 22GB of high speed data, and then after that allows Verizon to throttle my speed down to unusable levels when I'm in a congested area.

I'm half-way through my cycle this month, and I've reached the 22GB limit, because I forgot to turn my wifi back on at home; totally my fault.

Since I've reached the throttling threshold, is there any reason for my to watch my data usage at this point?  In other words, is Verizon more likely to throttle me if I hit 40 GB than if I just barely exceed 22GB?

Verion does not throttle you except for hotpot after 15 GB on your plan. That is a throttle. After 22 GB you are subject to deprioritzation which means IF your tower is congested your speeds can be slowed during the congestion. Once the congestion clears your speeds will go back to normal. It has nothing to do with how much data you use after 22 GB. There are people that use hundreds of GB a month. So no no need to watch your data at this point  

Verion does not throttle you except for hotpot after 15 GB on your plan. That is a throttle. After 22 GB you are subject to deprioritzation which means IF your tower is congested your speeds can be slowed during the congestion. Once the congestion clears your speeds will go back to normal. It has nothing to do with how much data you use after 22 GB. There are people that use hundreds of GB a month. So no no need to watch your data at this point

0 Likes