Re: LG G5 now jumping ahead 4 hours
Michsam23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

I just started experiencing the exact same issue. At least twice now (possibly 3 times), my phone has suddenly jumped 5 hours ahead, and then jumped back to the correct time zone within a few moments of me noticing. I reside in Eastern Standard timezone, and it would appear that my phone is jumping to theGreenwich Mean timezone for brief periods of time.

All of these instances occurred while at home, connected to my home wi-fi. The only app that was running during both instances was the Verizon Messages+ app - otherwise the other apps running were totally different.

I say potentially 3 times because last Thursday, my alarm app failed to go off at its scheduled time for the first time in the last 2 years, and I wonder if maybe that was the first instance of this issue. The 2nd instance happened last night at 8:30pm, when my phone suddenly said it was 1:30am, and then it happened again at 1:18am this morning, when my phone suddenly said it was 6:18am (which gave me some minor anxiety, as my alarm is set to wake me up for work at 5:15am).

I am using a Galaxy S7, running all the latest OS and Verizon patches/updates that have been made available. Switching to manually setting the timezone seems to have fixed things for the moment, but its been less than 24hrs since the last instances of this issue, so I'm not certain. I also can't leave my phone in manual timezone mode, as my transit app requires my phone to be in automatic timezone mode (for whatever reason), so now I am constantly switching between auto and manual modes when I need to take the train to/from work.

Was a solution ever realized for this??

0 Likes