Re: Poor signal
DJACKLAND
Enthusiast - Level 2

Below is a short list of people in a neighborhood blog site with the same issues.

There are several other threads started with similar statements.

Yes it’s awful. We live at 140th and 70th street and we get poor cell phone coverage there

The whole grasslawn area tends to be a dead zone. We live in 60-01 and even in the complex it's tough to get consistent service 😕 it's been this way for years, unfortunately

I have spoken with a Level 3 support person and Verizon knows of the issue as of two years ago and it's not in the budget.

We enabled Wi-Fi calling on our Verizon phones...able to make calls in the house. Coverage (cell & data) drops once we leave the house till up towards Bridle Trails market area. Like someone else said, it’s been like this for many years.

The basic issue as was explained as not enough cell towers to cover this are, no plans / budget to add more in the area. I had an app I play with for awhile that showed what tower I was connected to at any one time, sort fun but backed up the story that there is just not the Verizon tower to cover this area well. The extender in the house works well, got it for free after my talk with the level 3 guy. But I have still had limited success with WiFi calling. I even ask guest what carrier they use and they all seem to be sub par on 146th, just south of the park.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes