No longer getting service...
BOOMER5_03

I have had Verizon wireless since 2003(ish). I have never really had any problems up until the end of 2017. I no longer can receive calls when at my home and text messages are on a 5-15 minute delay. I've tried to deal with it, but my business was broken into last week and security company tried to call me repeatedly with no success. What has changed in Hamptonville NC to cause the sudden drop in service? My signal meter is just constantly flipping between no signal, 1x, 3g, and 4g. Will not stay on one or the other. Like I said, I have had no issues until the past few months. Nothing has changed, same house, no construction nearby. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No longer getting service...
Not applicable

What model of phone are you using?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BOOMER5_03, your loyalty since 2003 is invaluable. I'm extremely sorry to hear that your business was broken into. I could only imagine how difficult that must have been for you. You've come to the right place for assistance with your service issues and I'm confident that we'll be able to partner up to find a resolution. I was not able to find any alerts for your location. Are other Verizon users in your area receiving similar service? When other people call you, do you know if they hear any sort of error messages? Looking forward to hearing back.

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BOOMER5_03

When someone calls me, they hear the normal 4-5 rings before it rolls to voicemail.  I have tried calling myself from home landline and hear the same thing.  I never know anyone has called me until I get the voicemail notification. I am unsure if anyone else in my area is having similar issues. 

0 Likes
BOOMER5_03

Moto Z Force

0 Likes
VzUnreliable
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Boomer, not sure if we share the same fate or not, but the same thing you mention began happening to me as well. Come to find out, VZW was removing local cell antennas from my area and moving them to other parts of the state where they were severely over subscribed to help that area out, and in turn gimping mine.

Just thought I'd let you know before you go down a rabbit hole with VZW blaming your cell phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BOOMER5_03, we want to figure out what's going on at home and we'll make sure you're having the best quality calls possible. Do you have Wi-Fi available at home? If so, your phone comes ready with Wi-Fi calling that will allow you to process calls through Wi-Fi for a better home experience. The following link will provide you with the steps needed to turn on Wi-Fi calling. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205282/

Jesus_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BOOMER5_03

I have turned on wifi calling. I just find it hard to swallow that I have to pay my internet provider for wifi in order to use my cell phone that I'm already paying $130 per month.

0 Likes