Re: Employee discount not honored
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VerizonMIGuy,

We're very glad to have you in the Verizon family and very sorry one of your first experiences with us wasn't a positive one. I would love the opportunity to go over this together and turn this around.

We absolutely do continue to promote employee discounts because the majority of our current plans do still qualify for them. Discounts can be a great way for many customers to save and even if your plan doesn't qualify they can provide other benefits such as the accessory discount rschnoor mentioned. When signing up for the discount http://vz.to/2hoEx62 we do advise that this does only apply to qualifying plans and we provide links to our FAQs which answer questions about what does and doesn't qualify. If you are asking about a discount and mention that you're signing up for unlimited we'd also certainly want anyone you work with to be clear about this not qualifying.

The validation email means that we have validated you do work for that company and qualify for the discount. It also validates that it has been added to your account but that doesn't necessarily mean your current plan would qualify for it. This actually does do a few things. You would receive any other benefits the discount has such as the accessory discount. You would also have the discount on your account and ready if you do in the future change to a qualifying plan. That way if you make such a change you'll start saving right away.

I did want to clarify the amount of the discount as well in case you later do switch to a qualifying plan. I know you mentioned it was the unlimited plan and you have a 21% discount but that would be a long way from $65.00 a month. The employee discount does apply to the account level charge on any plan. It does not discount other charges such as insurance, line charges, equipment charges and most other monthly charges.  The account charge on the single line unlimited plan is $65.00 a month so a 21% discount on that would save $13.65 a month. The charge on the shared version of unlimited is $110.00 a month so on that a 21% discount would be $23.10. These plans don't qualify currently but if that ever changed that is the amount you would save and if you do switch to a qualifying plan in the future that account charge is what the discount would apply to.

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!