Re: Employee discount not honored
VerizonMIGuy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I said in my post that this was made clear after the fact. What I noted in my post is that this was not expressed when we set up the service, and your average customer couldn't care less about a discount on a phone case--they want a discount on the service lines, which is what ATT, Sprint etc. offer. T-Mobile would be the only other major mobile provider that offers limited or no employee discounts, but I have yet to encounter a situation where the process is as murky as this. The form we submitted our discount claims on and the confirmation emails did not make a distinction between discounts on service lines versus discounts on websites. And furthermore, this is decidedly not what at least I heard from a Verizon customer service rep.

The customer service reps are engaging in practices that are intentionally unclear, or deceptive, at worst. One wonders when the FAQ on employee discounts was posted outlining this, forgetting the points about. You typically see dates for when the content was posted; that's how much policies are outlined, with an effective date.

At any rate, you've made your point (here and it seems on many other related points, favoring Verizon's "policies"). I'd rather hear from them directly.

0 Likes