Re: UNACCEPTABLE SERVICE EXPECT ANSWERS!!!!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and can understand why a change in service is so upsetting, NOAHMCNABB01. Cellular service is intended to give you the option to keep your connections mobile but when you’re stationary inside a building (or even within about 50-100 feet of the structure), the building itself can contribute to interference with a cellular signal and create the need for technology solutions like Wi-Fi Calling. There are always changes that impact our Network, some are controllable and others may not be. In addition to your home itself, this can include cell site changes, foliage, construction, population changes, and interference. Are you experiencing any difficulties with calls or data connections while you’re outside your home? What zip code are you in?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: UNACCEPTABLE SERVICE     EXPECT ANSWERS!!!!!!
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

THERE IS NEVER ANY GUARANTEE OF CONNECTIVITY INSIDE YOUR HOME.

0 Likes
NOAHMCNABB01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guarantee it worked for the past 10+ years inside my home and now it don't.

RAGEMA94
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since you started having the issue has anything in your house changed? New roof, or any remodeling (including installation?) Or is there any new construction in your area, things like this impact your service.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Not to mention trees/foliage get larger/taller with age with more likelihood to block signal.

As always, there is the coverage disclaimer:

"Coverage Disclaimer

These Coverage Locator depictions apply to the following calling plans:
National Calling Plans, Mobile Broadband and Prepaid.

These maps are not a guarantee of coverage and contain areas of no service, and are a general prediction of where rates apply based on our internal data. Wireless service is subject to network and transmission limitations,including cell site unavailability, particularly near boundaries and in remote areas. Customer equipment, weather,topography and other environmental considerations associated with radio technology also affect service and service may vary significantly within buildings.Some information on service outside the Verizon Wireless proprietary network, and we can not vouch for its accuracy."

0 Likes
NOAHMCNABB01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have already spoken to customer service AGAIN and its the same old thing, signal can be obstructed by foilage, buildings, trees, terrain, a woodpecker, whatever. There has been no trees added, no hills added, no buildings added, no new home projects, nothing, nothing , nothing..... Customer support said a range extender was a possible solution at $249. But wait if you act now you will receive  a discount, ready $50 off so now its $200. Isn't that great news? Absolutely not! I have to pay $200 for a Verizon related problem. No thanks.

NOAHMCNABB01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand the disclaimer. So what I have services for 10 years then I don't. There is nothing blocking signal, no known service problems, no outages. No service then let me out of contract, network extender do something.

rcschnoor
Legend

NOAHMCNABB01 wrote:

There is nothing blocking signal

And you know this how???

NOAHMCNABB01 wrote:

No service then let me out of contract, network extender do something.

What good would a network extender do for you. You have already stated you have wifi calling available on your phones but are unwilling to use it because it would be using your home broadband connection. How do you think the network extender works? It uses your home broadband connection. If you are willing to use your home broadband connection for a network extender, why not for wifi calling?

If you are on a service contract, Verizon will let you out. You would simply have to pay the ETF. If you are making payments on a phone you purchased, you would simply have to pay the balance. Verizon is not forcing you to stay. Possibly the purchases you chose to make are forcing you to stay because you cannot fulfill the obligations for those purchases in one shot, but Verizon is certainly not forcing you to stay.

Possibly another provider would have a better signal in your home. Possibly not.

Good luck.

rcschnoor
Legend

NOAHMCNABB01 wrote:

I have already spoken to customer service AGAIN and its the same old thing, signal can be obstructed by foilage, buildings, trees, terrain, a woodpecker, whatever. There has been no trees added, no hills added, no buildings added, no new home projects, nothing, nothing , nothing..... 

Trees don't have to be added. Trees GROW. A tree which did not block signal 10 years ago could be larger at more likely to block signal now. At some point, it could possibly block enough of the signal to prevent you from receiving a signal in your home where at one time you did receive a signal. That does not mean a new tree was added. It could already have been there. NEW trees are normally small and not likely to block signal. As trees age, they are more likely to block signal and Verizon has no authority to cut down trees which are capable of doing so even if they wanted to do so.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Why don't you get a landline? That way the connection is brought right into your home and you will have service.

0 Likes