Switched to Go Unlimited and now terrible speeds.
dby2017
Enthusiast - Level 2

Over the weekend I switched for a 16gb share plan to Go Unlimited. We added a fourth line and switched to Unlimited. I was fully aware of the 480p limitations and knowing the speed may be slowed down in congested areas. However, today was our first day at work in downtown Akron near Akron University and both my wife and my speeds were just horrendous. I didn't think downtown Akron (area code 44308) would be a congested area. Here is what my phone benchmarked most of the day:Screenshot_20170905-110350 (1).png

However, my Ipad on Verizon that has an unlimited data account though my work benchmarked this at the same time:

20170905_110425.jpg

That is a big difference. I realize my plan may throttle and even from my Ipad's benchmark the speeds aren't that great in my area but I never suspected I would be throttled like that. I could barely stream Sirius on my phone and Youtube just buffered.  That totally went against what I have the unlimited data for. I am hoping maybe there was a technical problem in my area today and it will change. I am beyond disappointment if this is not the case.  FYI- 1.5 miles away at lunch I got this benchmark on my phone:

Screenshot_20170905-120935.png

Verizon definitely has issues in downtown Akron. My assumption would be that I would have gotten my Ipad's benchmarks if I stayed on the 16gb share plan instead of switching to Go Unlimited. 

Labels (1)