Slow LTE Connection
Javyr007

Can someone tell me why my LTE connection is so slow?  I recently switched to the 'Unlimited' plan and I have the Samsung Galaxy S8.  I have been having this problem for some time now and it's very frustrating that I can't get the service I'm paying for.  Today is the first day in my data cycle and in the SpeedTest app, I can't get higher than 2Mbps download.  Eventhough I have a 70ms ping and the status bar shows 4GLTE and full bars.  I'm using this as a last resort to hopefully resolve this issue.  If not, this 10+ years customer is jumping ship!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Slow LTE Connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly value your long time loyalty and would never want to see you go, Javyr007. I rely on my data to keep me connected at all times and definitely want you to have a good data connection. Let's dig further into this. Please complete a device health check and let us know if anything is alerting you in yellow or red, http://spr.ly/65848m97m. Where are you located when you are experiencing issues? Does this happen indoors and outdoors?

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kriep

I'm having issues as well. At home, I can barely get 1Mbps download, while upload is 5-10Mbps. While I'm at work, with the same 4g bar strength, I get 30Mbps download. This is unacceptable, especially while I'm paying over $200 a month for "unlimited" data between my devices.

0 Likes
LibertarianBoxcar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unlimited Data services connection issues-

I found a possible solution to this same connection issue problem, I to have been having. On your phone settings go-to Data Usage, under Data graph bar, click on Your phone apps, such as YouTube, click on the box Data restriction, check box. Google play services uncheck data restrictions.

Android OS make sure box for data restrictions are unchecked.

Facebook check data restrictions, Twitter check restrictions. If it has to do with your phone services; Google or Android etc. Uncheck data restrictions. If it's social media or games check data restrictions. If your not sure go-to a Verizon work shop or store for further Help. This may not apply to all phones I have Android Droid Maxx

0 Likes