I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF A CELL PHONE NIGHMARE
KIMFRA99
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone started ringing three days ago and has continued to ring every few minutes since then. Each time it is from a different number. If I pick up the call, there is not a person or even a recorded message.  Instead, there are tones and sounds kind of like a fax machine but, it’s definitely NOT a fax machine.  I put my phone on “Do Not Disturb” and then the calls began coming in twice from the same number so that it would ring through (I had set my do not disturb to allow repeat calls to ring through.  Now, I’ve had to turn off that feature).

I am a real estate agent.  So, my cell phone is the lifeline to my livelihood. This issue seems designed to blow up my business. I can’t conduct a client call, can’t text because calls coming in interrupt the process, can’t even take photos for the same reason!

Can you point me in the direction of someone who can help me?  5 calls to Verizon has produced no results, the police say they can’t help me, I’ve installed two different kinds of robocall blockers on my phone.  Neither one has even slowed them down. The FCC has not responded, big surprise. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF A CELL PHONE NIGHMARE
KIMFRA99
Enthusiast - Level 2

CALLER ID SPOOFING IS ILLIGAL!  WHY WON'T VERIZON HELP ME TRACE WHO'S CALLING?????

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand how upsetting this would be. You can always change your number. Is this something you'd like more details on?

KleoL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MrBill58
Enthusiast - Level 1

Changing the number will not help. My wife gets the same annoying calls on her flip phone. Yes I did say flip phone. Nobody is safe. Time to get a congressman to finally do something here in Illinois that actually helps people.

0 Likes