Re: Mobile IM
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

benjapathic wrote:

Yes.. I can't use Yahoo Mobile IM on my enV Touch either. I got dumped off of it yesterday afternoon, and I haven't been able to login since. I get a "general error".  I use a secondary yahoo account for mobile, and I noticed from my computer it shows me as logged into yahoo messenger. The only way to sign out of it is to over-ride it by signing in from my computer. But when I got back to my other ID, the phone tries to login automatically again with the same error. Weird! I've also gotten the cannot connect to server error.. and ID or password doesn't exist etc after toggling screen names back and forth just to get it to clear from showing it as logged in when it's not really. Of course I tried the restarting of the phone several times.. and the other *228 suggestion.. and nothing has changed. Personally I think the software is pretty flakey to begin with.. and is one of the disappointing features of the phone. I often don't get my friends messages updated to the screen without going back to the contact list ..and then back to the conversation screen again for it to refresh. Plus it doesn't really scroll back up to previous messages more than a few lines.. they are just gone.. so i miss half of what they said.  Not to mention that it is so quiet.. if i'm going about my business.. i would never notice if someone IM'ed me..even with the vibrate on etc. The alert settings don't really work together with the phone's alerts.. it seems to be yahoo's own alerts with barely any control that would make any significant difference.  I really love Verizon's service.. I wish they would put some pressure on Yahoo to improve the software. Although Yahoo seems to be only paying attention to the newer mobile browser version.  But in this case with not being able to login.. I'm guessing this might be a Verizon server problem.   ????

Mobile IM seems to be working perfectly fine on my phone today.

Do you have a data plan for your Env Touch, benjapathic?

0 Likes