Verizon adds advertising to picture messages
ghosykips

I discovered when I send a picture to an email address, verizon adds the following text to the message:

This message was sent using the Picture and Video Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!

To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.

Note: To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime� 6.5 or higher is required.

This is highly annoying. I called customer support and was informed that I cannot turn off the service unless I have a smartphone (I have an enV2). I get the feeling that those with smartphones are using an app of some sort - but my phone and I are stuck with the spam.

Make no mistake - this is an unsolicited advert attached to my picture messages using a service I already pay for. Photo messages sent to Flickr, Blogger and other services now have this annoying spam attached to it. If I have to go to my computer to edit the message before posting, I can just download the image from my phone and cancel the unlimited bandwidth plan as it's now USELESS.

We pay extra for unlimited bandwidth - I do not want Verizon's advertising attached to my messages.

Labels (1)
0 Likes