Re: Mobile Im charges
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Like I said I haven't used their Mobile IM service in while, so I wasn't sure if it did in fact show up in text detail. It was just a theory. :smileytongue:

Are past being concerned about getting charged at this point? Because you shouldn't worry about that. 

But I agree, there is a glaring inconsistancy on a lot of the FAQ pages and support pages directly provided by VZW. The sad and unfortunate thing is this is not just unique to Verizon Wirless, or the wireless industry in general. I think it's just the fact that big business suffer from so many policy changes, corporate hogwash and all around double-talk that's it can be difficult for them to keep their facts straight. But I digress, that's a different topic (and perhaps different forum) altogether. 

When sending/receiving messags thru Mobile IM it's not necessary for only the 1X to appear as regular text messages do. The application is utilizing the EVDO connection for that particular session. No one ever said text messages couldn't be sent over EVDO. So yes MMS, Mobile IM..even VZ Nav will all use the EVDO connections for their respective sessions, but this doesn't mean you're actually getting billed for MBs.

Come to think, maybe because Mobile IM uses EVDO is why any of the messaging doesn't show up in your text details. Quirky indeed.  

0 Likes