Re: Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.
tptrain
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry in advance if this seems confusing!

I needed to block some people from texting and calling my family.  I went on Verizon site and used the free blocking service up to 5 blocks and blocked these people from contacting my four family members who are also on my verizon plan. 

We experimented as to how it would work first, so we temporarily blocked one of our own numbers.   When the blocked caller called me, it gave this voice message to them:  we're sorry the number you you have dialed has calling restrictions that has prevented the completion of your call. 

When the blocked caller texted me, they saw that the message was delivered.  However, I received this text from the blocked number, although it didn't identify where it came from:  you were unable to receive  text message due to a device restriction or insufficient funds.  Another time it just said:  recipient has insufficient funds to receive message. 

So it's weird that I got these blocked unidentified text messages to me that there were unsufficient funds...etc.  In one of these threads from Verizon management they said if the blocked number was another verizon customer, that their text message would say:  delivery failed.  However in our experiement from a verizon phone to a verizon phone the blocked caller did not receive the message that delivery failed.

But I was happy to know if they called, they got the recorded message about being restricted.  I do want the blocked callers/texters to know that they have intentionally been blocked.  I hope verizon can fix the texting piece so that the blocked texter will know that they are blocked.

0 Likes