Re: Premium Message Shenanigans
Kelly7874

I just joined the forum to post about the issues I have been having, only to find this thread, which describes my concern precisely.

Like the inital post, I have also been a Verizon customer for many years and spend several thousand dollars per year on our account. My husband and I use the accounts primarily for work purposes and our bill typically fluctuates several dollars per month. Only last month (1/19) did I notice I was receiving the "Too Lazy" premium text charge. I called CS at Verizon, who kindly refunded the 9.99 and put a block on both lines, stating I would not be charged again. Since then, I went back and reviewed my bills, noting that I've been charged for this service EACH month since 5/26/09. Yesterday, I reviewed my most recent bill, and the charge was there for 1/9/10. I called Verizon again. This time the customer service rep was quite rude. He stated that since the 1/9 charge was before I made my initial call, I was responsible for it. Until my bill came, how was I supposed to know I would be charged again for it, considering we never actually receive the text message?

He then stated this was a service I had to double opt into to sign up, by entering my phone number, insinuating that I was "tricked" into entering the number. The tone of the call was very condescending. We do not enter our numbers anywhere online. I've read several posts on other forums stating this particular company has been accused of falsely signing up people for the service. Contacting the "Too Lazy LLC" company is useless. They are known for fraudulent activity and have a "F" rating from the BBB. I've read enough to know not to text them "STOP", as this would continue to verify the number. The CS rep did not want to hear any of this. He went into "just repeat our policy" mode, restating several times that I must have signed up for the service. The tone of the rep was not necessary. What happened to customer service?

Funny thing is that I have received occasional calls from VZW in the past, stating how I can change this or that to save money on my bill. You'd think they'd mention the 9.99 bogus charge. Should I have scrutinized each bill prior to last month? Probably. I wasn't even asking for a refund of past months, just the most recent month.

0 Likes