Short texts received broken up and out of order, iPhone
maxico7

Hi, I have an iPhone and recently I've been receiving short texts from non-iPhone users under the 160 character limit broken up and out of order. My friend sent me a text with 87 characters and after the 73 character, it split the message into two. I received the 2/2 message first, then the 1/2 message. Messages I send are received fine.

I was also texting another friend who doesn't have an iPhone, and they were sending single texts over the 160 character limit and I was receiving them as one long text, which was great. But then I started receiving the texts longer than 160 characters, broken up into 5 or 6 messages, only 30 characters long each, out of order. This happened on the same day as the shorter texts were being received broken up.

Can you please let me know how to fix this? Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Short texts received broken up and out of order, iPhone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help you with your text messaging. Let's gather more information. What texting application are you using on your iPhone? JoelD_VZW

0 Likes
dmottern

Having same problem with messages comming from Metro PCS on my Kyocera DF2

0 Likes
Fragger

Same problem, not sure the carrier it is coming from... It is happening in the default s10 note plus texting app, so I tried google messages, still happening... just got textra but assuming the same will happen. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for letting us know about this, dmottern. We know text messaging is an important tool, and we want to make sure this service is working properly for you. In your experience, does this only happen when the sender is on that carrier? Has it ever happened with users on other networks? EricW_VZW

0 Likes
maxico7

I am using the iPhone's default message app. I have iMessage turned on (which I know is not applied to non-iPhone users), SMS on, MMS on, and Group messaging on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for this detail, Maxico7. Let's continue to work on your concern. Are you replying to older iMessages, and those iMessages are out of order? Did you try to send a new iMessage and look at the time of the reply back from that new message was in order? Please check the time and date stamp of the iMessage and keep us posted.

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes