Windows 10 Messages Notifications - content has disappeared
Dr_H
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe this falls under the category of "toast notifications"

When I first installed the app (back when it was called Messages+), the pop-up notification would appear containing the name of the sender and a preview of the message content. For some time now, the message content has disappeared, the pop-up simply reports that new content is available.

Is this by design?

According the Windows Store, the app hasn't been updated since 2015, so I'm not sure why/how the feature could have changed.

The app has all notification settings activated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Windows 10 Messages Notifications - content has disappeared
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dr_H,

Providing you with superior service is the number one priority here at Verizon Wireless. We are concerned to hear that you are having trouble with your messages notifications, but we will work to get this resolved for you. I know that you mentioned the app says it hasn't been updated but has there been any changes made to your devices notification settings? What kind of phone do you have? Did your phone complete any software updates around the time this began? We are here to help.

Candice_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Barry_LL
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem.  The question asks about Windows 10 -- so not a phone!

It just started to happen for me.  It may have been after a recent Windows Update.

The Windows Notification area shows the "Verizon Messages" header and the red icon, but for each and every message in the notfication area, it only ever shows a "Verizon Messages" header, the text "New notification" and the timestamp. Clicking the notification does bring you to the app (presumably to that message, I haven't made sure of that).

If it can no longer show any useful information in the Notifcation area, I'd like a way to just turn that off!  (Frankly I have considered turning it off anyway, something like a badge on the task bar would but plenty sufficient for me.)

Also I second the complain about the terrible problems with syncing with this app on Windows (10) and other devices.  I frequently miss messages here, but more often than that, other devices don't receive my messages that I create in the Windows (10) app.

Is anybody listening that can actually fix these problems!?!?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's definitely worrying to see that you're experiencing issues with your Verizon Messages notifications on your Windows 10 computer. We understand that seeing important details about the sender and message received on these notifications is extremely important, and we will be glad to assist you. The following link will provide you with the process of customizing notifications. Please scroll to the bottom of the page and follow the steps found in the "Windows" section. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-209297/
Also, it's worrying to see you're experiencing issues with syncing the app with Windows. Please tell us, when did you start experiencing these issues? Could you please provide us with more details about the issues you're experiencing?

GeovannJ_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MitchK1959

I'm having the same issue.  No preview of the new message in the notification box.  The notification box simply says:

Verizon Messages

New notification

Please advise.  Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get to the bottom of this. Please tell us, when did you start experiencing these issues? Could you please provide us with more details about the issues you're experiencing?

TabithaJ_VZW

0 Likes
MitchK1959

This has been going on for a few weeks.  I believe, but I'm not sure, it started after a major Windows 10 update was pushed.  I've uninstalled/reinstalled the VERIZON MESSAGES app with no success.  No issues with notifications from numerous other apps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizon is currently experiencing a wireless network issue with the Message+ desktop app. Our technicians are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it quickly. Thank you for your patience during this time. 
DavidH_VZW

0 Likes