Re: Message+ crashing
COMMACK4

It will only continue to work if you do NOT update!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vernbowsky, glad to hear everything is working for you. If you have any other questions, we are here to help.

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jnoti, some users are experiencing the Verizon Messages app crashing or going to a blank screen. As a workaround, you can uninstall updates to the Verizon Messages app (settings> apps & notifications > Verizon Messages > upper right corner 3 dots> uninstall updates). You can also switch to the factory installed messaging app in the mean time. Our Technicians are aware of this and are working to get this resolved. Thank you for your patience.

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

atozmama, some users are experiencing the Verizon Messages app crashing or going to a blank screen. As a workaround, you can uninstall updates to the Verizon Messages app (settings> apps & notifications > Verizon Messages > upper right corner 3 dots> uninstall updates). You can also switch to the factory installed messaging app in the mean time. Our Technicians are aware of this and are working to get this resolved. Thank you for your patience.

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Upinmn, some users are experiencing the Verizon Messages app crashing or going to a blank screen. As a workaround, you can uninstall updates to the Verizon Messages app (settings> apps & notifications > Verizon Messages > upper right corner 3 dots> uninstall updates). You can also switch to the factory installed messaging app in the mean time. Our Technicians are aware of this and are working to get this resolved. Thank you for your patience.

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to see that you were having these issues. Now, we are glad to see that it has all been resolved. Being able to send and receive messages is a must. Please keep us posted. Keep in mind that we do offer our basic troubleshooting guides in the My Verizon application, m.vzw.com/m/myverizonapp

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
lynderan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine stopped crashing after I went to my Google play store and let the updates happen.

0 Likes
Uhav2bkidding

Tried numerous times

@Vernbowsky wrote:

I just uninstalled the app, reinstalled and it is working now.

Give that a go everyone.

0 Likes
Uhav2bkidding

@eliz9000 wrote:

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the app still crashed upon opening. It all started for me after the most recent update, which occurred yesterday (7/31/19).

You won't lose your messages if you perform this action. Your messages will even transfer to other message apps should you choose to switch (which I have).

What action?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Quote:

What action?

Uninstalling/re-installing?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes